Friday, November 12, 2010

Some of my Favorite Quotes

I found these online over the years, or have read them in books:

1) “Find a guy, who calls you beautiful instead of hot. Who calls you back when you hang up on him. Who will stay awake just to watch you sleep. Wait for the guy who kisses your forehead. Who wants to show you off to the world when you are in your sweats. Who holds your hand in front of his friends. Wait for the one who is constantly reminding you of how much he cares about you and how lucky he is to have you. Wait for the one who turns to his friends and says, ‘ ...that's her.’”
6) "If I can stop one heart from breaking, I shall not live in vain. If I can ease one life the aching, or cool one pain, or help one fainting robin unto his nest again, I shall  not live in vain."   ~ Emily Dickenson

7) "The greater part of our happiness or misery depends on our dispositions, and not on our circumstances. We carry the seeds of the one or the other about with us in our minds wherever we go."   ~ Martha Washington

8) “Every time you smile at someone, it is an action of love, a gift to that person, a beautiful thing.” ~ Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment