Friday, November 12, 2010

A Letter To Our Lord (3/13/10)

  Just looking back now on what has happened in Gundam Seed Destiny...it's intriguing. I know that it's just a cartoon, but some of the stuff they say and present are actually things that can be picked up from today's world.
  The actions of one person are turned and blamed onto the whole. If the main leader of one nation makes a rotten decision, does that mean that every person underneath of him/her is to be condemned under the same action?
  Our whole lives are so prejudice. In my Languages and Societies class we've been learning about acents. We condemn (or look down on) some people just because of that. I know that I do. I don't like the way that I hear many big city blacks talk. They seem boisterous to me, but that doesn't mean that I shouldn't love them in You, Lord Jesus. To despise people for the little things makes us monsters. There was a time that I didn't realize that one of my friends had a lisp. If I hated him for something so small as that, then I'm sure we'd never be friends. But, he is one of the best friends anyone could ask for.
  So, why in war must we condemn everyone that (by chance) just lives in a certain country?

"Power is what everyone makes of it. Foolish are those who hope for it in excess. Yet equally foolish are those who resent it for no reason." ~ Attha

  The power to condemn...what about the power to love? Lacus' character said, "First decided and then just do it. It's the only way to achieve anything of real value in this world." God chose to still love us even after we condemned His son. "First decide and then just do it." He decided and He didn't back down. And it's amazing how this works, but I was just reading a book by Max Lucado, Just Like Jesus. In one of the chapters Max pointed out that Jesus really did have a decision between bearing the cross or not.
  Lord Jesus, as a lowly sinner, please help me not to despise and reject people based on who they live with, the clothes they wear, where they came from, etc. Help me instead to love them throught Your eyes. I have failed You many times. Help this time to stand out so much brighter than others.
  Perhaps if one person starts such a small ray of hope, then many more will follow? You started it for us. Jesus, let us follow You now.

No comments:

Post a Comment