Sunday, November 28, 2010

My Heart Was On the Line

I didn't know how I felt about you, dear sir. I didn't know until just recently how attached to you I have become.
Your kindness was shown to me with no limits. And your generosity was laid on your sleeve at all times.
Your smile was easy to come and your words of encouragement and hope always upon my ear.
To what did I owe such love?
No, not love, but friendship.
Yet my eyes were clouded and my heart taking bigger and bigger parts of my 'liking' for you.
Yes, my heart was on the line.

Where did my rationality go when you walked into a room?
Why did my breathe leave me when you were my first sight?
Was this friendship meant to move forward? No.
For your departure is iminant and your love somewhere else, somewhere beautiful.
And yes, my heart was on the line.

Lord, set me right. Set me back on the path of friendship and take my heart off the line.
Help me to be the best possible friend I can to him, but nothing more until Your Word says otherwise.
Bless this friendship so that it may grow. Help us to become encouragers of each other into Your Word.
And let Your praise be on our lips at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment