Monday, April 14, 2014

"Why dog-sitting?"

   All of the dog-sitting, all of this hopping around and switching houses. I've started to wonder if You're doing this for my benefit. As an introvert I love my space and I love having a quiet place to think and pray and just be me. In an odd way, all of the dog-sitting has allowed me to do that. Even now I sit at someone else's house for the next two weeks watching over their dog and I have freedom of movement. It's not my house, true, but that too is one of the beauties of this. You know me, I love changing up my routines. I get too bored when it's just the same thing over and over again. So, a different house this week, a different dog, a different location, furniture, cooking accessories, chores to do...yeah, I like this a lot.  :)
   I've often wondered (and often asked You) "why?" Why have You allowed me to do this for the last few years? Why do people want me, of all people, to watch their dogs? Why do they keep asking me back to do it again? Why have you given me this much jumping around in my life? But now I think I'm beginning to see at least a small sliver of it. You've allowed me to do this for me. And in a huge sense, it's for You as well. The quiet that I can have in these time of house-sitting (and freedom of movement and schedule) allows me to give back to You what I sometimes struggle with otherwise.
   Bapa, I love being my own person around You and I love that You have given me these types of opportunities over the years to have such beautiful one-on-one time with You in new places. For what it's worth, I also want to thank You for always returning me home. Whether it's only a few days at someone else's place or a few weeks, the stay there is refreshing, but I always love returning home too! Because You gave me a home. You gave me a place here on Earth to always go back to.
   You've given me so much. I've often said that I want to travel before I settle down. In a way, I have been. While other people are going to different countries (which has never really appealed to me that much) I have gone to different edges of my own land. From Calumet, to Dollar Bay, to Hancock, to Lake Annie. You've brought me many places and You've given me the space that I'm so desperate for as an introvert. Thank You so much!
   So, "why dog-sitting?" You've been doing it for my benefit without me even realizing just how much I've needed it. The people may need me to watch their animals, but being around their animals is a great healing for me and a love that I can never forget. Thank you for all of this time.
   Yours,
   Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment