Saturday, May 11, 2013

Weaknesses

   People have told me that they want to be more like me. Others have said that they feel they will never measure up to me on a spiritual level. I'm here to tell you some of the weakness in me that people either don't know about or choose to overlook.
   1) I have trust issues.
   There are very few people in my life who I trust where they're at spiritually. The people I do trust are the ones who have proven themselves trustworthy even if they didn't realize that's what they were doing. This lack of trust comes mostly from my past. When I was a child my mother would often say that we were going to go to the park, or "Today we'll clean the house," very rarely did anything that she said ever actually happen. Through this I have learned to be wary about what people say. The Lord can overcome this wariness though! A dear friend told me recently to look at what is genuine about a person and not to focus on the negatives.
   2) I have a pride issue.
   This is something that I have only recently been given notice of through the Lord's blessing. I reject the help of people who both have the means to help and are willing to. This comes also from my past. My father is a very independent individual and not one to ask for help from others. Even to accept help from another person is seen as lowering himself, sometimes to the point of disgrace. I've grown up with being told that you don't get into debt and you don't ask for help, you need to make your own way in the world and be able to support yourself and your loved ones. The Lord is the One who has shown me this ever-present pride and the One who can overthrow it. To Him be the glory and may my pride be thrown into the pit.
   3) I don't have compassion to meet people where they're at mentally, spiritually, and emotionally in certain areas of life.
   This comes out most in areas of guy/girl relationships. I get highly annoyed by the subject being brought up a lot because I often see it come out in light of personal desire instead of God-given desire. This is something that the Lord continues to work with me on overcoming. Through His compassion (and not my own) I will one day be able to meet people where they're at (especially in regards to their faith) and offer compassion and Biblical advice through His Spirit. (Philippians 3:7-11)

   2 Corinthians11:30 "If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness."
 
   To GOD be the glory! For if you see these issues being weeded out in my life in the future, then He is the one who is doing the weeding.

No comments:

Post a Comment