Sunday, May 26, 2013

5/26/13

Bapa,

   There is nothing I can do. I know that. My hope lies in knowing that you can.
   How much You hurt, Bapa. How hard it is for You to see one of Your children walking without You, walking away from You, ignoring You. A broken heart is putting it mildly. How do You handle the pain that we as sinners cause You? My mind cannot wrap around the fact that You are not like us. You hurt more deeply than we will ever know. You love more fully than we ever can.
   I hurt for him. Practical, he's too practical. No, perhaps not. You wired his mind to work the way it does. You knew exactly what You were doing. You know what makes him tick because You formed him. You know how best to love him because You know his heart. Please bring someone into his life that he connects with, but let it be someone that knows You intimately. Give him over to falling madly in love with someone who shines for You brightly. Let his heart see her and know. And prepare her heart to stand fast in You. Please, please Bapa. I can't take seeing him like this. I can't take knowing what his attitude is towards church and You. This burden is real. I ask for strength to be constant in my affections towards this young man. I ask for the burden to run deeper as long as You are at my side. I ask that You would imprint him on my heart for the purpose of consistently coming to You on his behalf.
   I know You haven't forgotten about him. You love him too much for that. Bring him back to You.

~Alexandra

No comments:

Post a Comment