Friday, December 31, 2010

One and Only (11/27/10)

How could I have let you walk away from me that day?
How could I have stood there with everything to say and not have a word leave my lips?
Why do the words, "I love you," hold so much fear?
It's because I know the feelings you have for me are not the same ones I have for you.

God's perfect peace has yet to take hold of my mangled heart.
Could it be that I'm pushing Him away from this time of healing?
Is it truly my heart's desire to hold onto this pain and lonliness? No...

Young women, shield your heart for God's perfect plan.
Give men a time to be men and they will respect you.
Give yourself time to be a woman and your heart will be much less likely to get trapped in this, this game of love.

Please, don't give your whole heart and life away.
Hold your precious memories for that one person with whom you will wed.
Leave your heart to God, for His name is perfect.
Whisper it from your lips, "I love you, Jesus."
For He is your one and only.

No comments:

Post a Comment