Sunday, December 19, 2010

Father,

 What are my hopes and dreams for the future? I've noticed that I have had small wants of things to come, but nothing that I seem to truly desire. I am only just know learning Your lesson of letting go. But if I have no real desires for my future, then what am I letting go of?

 It says in Psalm 37:4-7a
 "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him and he will do this: He will make your righteousness shine like the dawn, the justice of your cause like the noonday sun. Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him..."

 Hmmm..."the desires of your heart," what desires? Jesus, will You please place Your desires upon my heart? I am nothing without You and I have nothing until You bestow it. I waited paitenly for the answer from the young man that I so admire and You granted it. So, will You please grant me my next steps? I will wait patiently for You here. As patiently as I can, for You know how much I love to speak with You.

 For now, let Yourself be my heart's desire. No, not just for now...for always.

No comments:

Post a Comment